Walk to the Gola di Gorropu, one of Europe’s deepest canyons.
Walk in the middle of steep walls that are almost 500 meters high. The first part of the walk is through a beautiful primary forest going down to the entrance of the canyon. After this we visit the inside of the canyon, going over and along big boulders. On the way back we walk along the river through a shady forest.
- Scenic drive with stop on the way to the Silana Pass
- walk through forest of primary oaks and strawbarry trees
- pass by old shepherds huts
- great views over the valley
- Depending on the time of year we stop for a swim in one of the fresh water pools
- No walking up-hill
- Visit the centre of the Gorropu Canyon
Altitude difference: 300 meters up and down
Hiking time: 4 to 5 hours
Included: transport by Land rover, and guide (english speaking), entree fee
Picnic Lunch: included, simple based on local products
Take with you: sufficient water, good shoes, swimming stuff
Price: €45,00 from Dorgali
Starting point: Dorgali, Cala Gonone, Orosei or Su Gologone – Oliena